The Dallas Sports Commission performs many functions that are often required of a host city that are essential for the success and growth of sporting events and meetings, including ticket sales, communications and marketing, operations and event production. In the last year, the Dallas Sports Commission booked 338,713 room nights through 69 events, achieving 113% of the commission’s sales goal. This also translates into $469 million in economic impact.
We provide rights holders with first-rate event operations and services needed for their event, and the Dallas Sports Commission is a one-stop shop able to provide increased media exposure, assistance securing volunteers, use of our volunteer registration system and other event operation services.
We hosted more than 744,015 participants and fans last year exceeding nearly $443 million in economic impact from the games, competitions and exhibitions that made their way to Dallas this year.
Economic impact tells only one part of the story. The Dallas Sports Commission will use sports as a way to improve the quality of life within our city for the Dallas community.
BIG wins include:
- NCA High School National Championship (January)
- NCA All-Star National Championship (February)
- Dr Pepper Dallas Cup (March)
- NCAA Women’s Basketball Dallas Regional (March)
- WWE WrestleMania (April)
- Mizuno Lone Star Classic Volleyball (April)
- Dallas Sports Festival (June-July)
-FIVB World League Volleyball
- Cotton Bowl Stadium Prep Showcase (September)
- Elite Rodeo Association World Championship (November)
OUR FUTURE PLAYBOOK
Future BIG wins include:
- NCAA Women’s Final Four (2017)
- USA Volleyball Girls’ Junior National Championships (2017)
- NCAA Men’s Basketball First and Second Rounds (2018)
- NCA All-Star National
- Championship and High School National Championship (extended through 2019)
- Lone Star Classic National Championship (extended through 2018)
- Elite Rodeo Association (ERA) World Championships (2017-2020)
To learn more about Dallas sports, check out Dallassports.org.